Norway Rat aka Common/ Sewer/ Hanover/ Norwegian/ Warf Rat
- Norway Rats are generally 6 to 10 inches long and have course shaggy brown or gray fur with a lighter underbelly.
- They tend to live underground and have a highly developed olfactory sense. They have poor eyesight and are usually active at night.
- They are omnivores but prefer meats.
Roof Rat aka Black/Ship/Asian Black Rat
- Roof rats are generally 7-10 inches long with black to light brown coats. Their underbellies are lighter and their fur is smooth.
- They are nocturnal and like to live in fields, wooded areas, and piles of wood or trash. They will often flee upwards since they excel at climbing.
- They are omnivores but prefer fruit and nuts.
- House mice are generally 2 to 3 inches long with brown or gray coats.
- They prefer to make their nests in and around structures such as stacked firewood, stones and bricks, and other piles of debris.
- They are omnivores but prefer to consume cereal grains.